We love volunteers at Nashville Repertory Theatre! Here at The Rep, volunteers are an important and much-appreciated asset. By donating their time and talents, Rep Volunteers make it possible for us to bring exciting live-theatre experiences to the people of Nashville. They expand our capacity as an organization and serve as excellent community ambassadors. If you’re looking to connect with fellow theatre lovers while supporting Nashville’s own professional theatre company, join the Nashville Rep Volunteer Team today!
Volunteer Needs Include:
Greeting at Performances: Greeter Volunteers warmly welcome and distribute programs to patrons as they enter Nashville Rep performances. If you consider yourself a people-person this is the job for you!
- LookIns: Free community events which provide audiences with a behind the scenes look at the upcoming production. LookIn Volunteers bring food and beverages to these events and assist with managing the beverage table and clean-up.
- The Costume Shop: The Rep’s closet is filled with thousands of unique pieces, and it takes a village to keep them clean and organized. Come help the Costume Shop staff with simple sewing projects (ex. hand-sewing labels), costume organization, and laundry.
- The Scene Shop: Did you know it takes 1,000 man hours to bring a Nashville Rep set to life? If you’re looking for a workout, come volunteer at The Scene Shop! Shop volunteers assist with Load-Ins and Loud-Outs of sets and props to and from TPAC’s Andrew Johnson Theatre. Volunteers with relevant construction skills may contact the Volunteer Coordinator to be considered for special projects.
- The Prop Shop: Under the direction of our Props Master, volunteers come in on a weekly or bi-weekly basis to take pictures and measurements of props and make notes about their condition. If you’re seeking a more regular volunteer schedule, this one’s got your name on it!
- Special Events: We love celebrating here at The Rep! Special event volunteers assist with event set-up, greeting, and registration. *Interview required.
- Office Support: Want to pull back the curtain and see how The Rep gets down to business? Come volunteer at the office! We typically use office volunteers to assist with our larger mailings. This is a huge help to our small administrative staff, and it can be a fun way to get to make a new friend.
As a thank you for all that volunteers do, The Rep offers complimentary tickets as available to all volunteers. See the Volunteer Documents below for details.
Have a question? Contact Amos Glass at email@example.com.