INGRAM NEW WORKS APPLICATION
The Ingram New Works Project was launched by Nashville Repertory Theatre in 2009 thanks to the generous support of Martha Ingram. With the mission to support the creation of new works for the theatre, Nashville Rep created a project that includes the New Works Lab. The Ingram New Works Lab is intended to be an artistic home for early career playwrights to share and develop new work, hone craft, receive support, and springboard themselves into the next phase of their writing career. Nashville Rep seeks committed playwrights for residency in the 2017-2018 Ingram New Works Lab.
Submission deadline is TBH
THE INGRAM NEW WORKS LAB
The Ingram New Works Lab is an artistic home for playwrights and a fertile environment for the creation of great new plays. During monthly Lab meetings in Nashville, playwrights share and develop a new work and receive trans-formative support and project guidance from dedicated staff. In addition to the monthly meetings, each playwright will participate in Playwrights Week TBH, developing their play under the guidance of the 2018-2019 Ingram New Works Fellow.
During their 2018-2019 residency, each playwright will be expected to work toward the creation of a new play that will be presented in a staged reading featured at the Ingram New Works Festival in TBH.
The Ingram New Works Lab is a generative residency in which selected playwrights will create a new work for the theatre. Nashville Rep will serve and support selected playwrights as they work to develop their play from the idea stage to a muscular full draft. Nashville Rep will provide the playwrights-in-residence:
- A season-long playwright-led script lab that meets once a month in Nashville
- A supportive environment to foster and support the playwright’s process
- Access to professional actors
- Workshop sessions involving professional directors, designers, and dramaturgs
- Access to professional marketing and audience development resources
- A week-long development lab with the Ingram New Works Fellow
- A staged reading presented as part of the Ingram New Works Festival
- Housing during residency dates in Nashville
- Travel reimbursement for each trip to Nashville
- A small stipend to defray additional expenses
PARTICIPATION IN MONTHLY SCRIPT LAB
The New Works Lab will meet once a month to provide playwrights-in-residence with a supportive but disciplined environment to workshop their scripts. Every playwright will have the opportunity to hear multiple drafts of their script read aloud by actors and receive feedback from their fellow playwrights. The lab will provide the opportunity for playwrights to shape, mold, and develop as many drafts as they feel necessary before festival rehearsals begin.
Lab Meeting dates: TBH
PLAYWRIGHTS WEEK WITH NEW WORKS FELLOW
Playwrights-in-residence will participate in a week-long New Works Lab with the recipient of the Ingram New Works Fellowship, a nationally recognized playwright. Lab playwrights should be prepared to clear their schedule for the entirety of the week.
Playwrights Week: TBH
PARTICIPATION IN INGRAM NEW WORKS FESTIVAL
Work in the Lab will be focused on goals established by the Lab Playwrights. However, each playwright will be expected to work toward the creation of a new play that will be presented in a staged reading at the New Works Festival. Please note the following criteria for New Works festival plays being developed in the lab:
- Full-length plays (prefer 80-120 mins. running time)
- Plays that utilize no more than 8 actors
- Plays that have not previously been produced by any professional company
Ingram New Works Festival dates: TBH