Nashville Repertory Theatre seeks energetic, creative self-starter to work as assistant to the Artistic Director in fulfilling the artistic and programming goals of the company, including expanding education programming. Organizational skills a must, as well as strong communication skills. The successful candidate will be unflappable under pressure, work well in a team-oriented environment, relish the opportunity to work with theatre artists of all kinds and will have an interest in theatre education.
Position starts as soon as July. A theatre degree of some kind or comparable experience in theatre required. Salary commensurate with experience, education, and non-profit theatre standards as indicated by TCG. To apply, please email resume, three references and Letter of Interest, explaining in some detail your interest and suitability for the job, in one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE MAKE YOUR SUBJECT LINE EXACTLY: ARTISTIC ASSOCIATE APPLICATION.
Nashville Rep’s Artistic Associate will:
Serve as communication facilitator for the Artistic Director and on behalf of artistic programming.
- Be contact person for external communication for Artistic Director.
- Assist Artistic Director in facilitating internal communications between artistic programming and administrative/audience development staff.
- Assure all artistic programming items are on the company’s Master Calendar.
- Coordinate staff assignments for any artistic programming activities that require all-hands-on-deck staff support (REPalouds, auditions, Ingram activities, etc.).
- Assist Artistic Director with production meetings.
Manage venue needs for artistic programming activities outside of TPAC (rehearsals, workshops, auditions, outreach activities).
- Coordinate building and use-of-space needs in the Rep’s operational space (NPT).
- Coordinate with the Rep’s Technical Director any technical elements needed for any artistic programming activities.
Assist the Artistic Director with actor/artist management.
- Maintain contact info and mailing lists on actors/artists.
- Be contact person for actors/artists on behalf of Artistic Director.
- Assist Artistic Director with execution of contracts and payment of stipends/fees to artists.
- Respond to any cast needs prior to jobbed-in stage manager coming on contract.
- Be a resource as needed for stage managers preparing for rehearsal.
Assist with all casting, including Mainstage, REPaloud, Ingram New Works.
- Assist with seasonal open call auditions/callbacks.
- Maintain headshot/resume files.
- Assist as needed with all casting contacts/offers for all artistic programming.
Assist Artistic Director & Ingram New Works Director with Ingram New Works Project.
- Assist New Works Director as needed in managing needs of Ingram Lab playwrights and the Ingram Fellow during Lab, Playwrights Week, Festival.
- Coordinate provision of scripts/pages as needed for Lab/Festival.
- Assist Artistic Director and New Works Director in planning, coordinating and executing the Ingram Festival.
Assist the Artistic Director in executing current education programming.
- Supervise the Professional Internship Program.
- Coordinate the intern selection process, in collaboration with pertinent intern supervisor in each area.
- Serve as advisor/mentor to intern cohort.
- Serve as intern supervisor to Professional Stage Management Intern in partnership with jobbed-in stage manager for each show.
- Coordinate Student Internship Program.
- Cultivate relationships with theatre teachers and disseminate information on student internships.
- Field requests from students for internships, assessing skills and availability, and connecting them to appropriate staff for a task/job.
- Work to provide production team with student interns for running crews as needed.
Assist Artistic Director in developing new education programming.
- Assist in assessing community needs for educational opportunities.
- Work with Artistic Director to develop workshop plan for the season.
- Work to create plan for connecting with educators and provide resources.
- Work with Artistic Director and audience development staff to create outreach and enrichment activities related to artistic programming.
- Participate as a teacher as needed.