OPEN CALL AUDITIONS ARE CLOSED
At this time Open Call Auditions are closed. Please check back on this page for future information and opportunities.
Auditions are held in Studio A, Nashville Rep’s rehearsal hall at Nashville Public Television, 161 Rains Ave., 37203, one block from the Tennessee State Fairgrounds.
To Make an Appointment
Fill out an audition request form below or call (615) 349-3217.
Be sure to fill out the form COMPLETELY.
If leaving a voicemail message be sure to mention any times you would be unavailable during the posted audition hours, as well as any preference you have (subject to availability).
Online requests, voice messages, and phone calls will all be responded to equally, with appointment slots being filled in the order the requests were received. To assure this, be sure to provide complete information on online form or in voicemail.
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE REQUESTING AN APPOINTMENT
- This audition is for adult, professional actors, Equity or non-Equity.
- You must be available to rehearse during daytime hours to be considered for a role.
- You must be available for all performance dates to be considered for a role.
- You must be available during the rehearsal and performance time-frame listed.
Equity Actors: Nashville Rep operates on an SPT7 contract with AEA.
Nashville Rep is seeking local performers, as no housing is available.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR AUDITION
- IF AUDITIONING ONLY FOR NON-MUSICAL SHOWSPlease prepare 2 contrasting monologues together totaling no more than three (3) minutes.
- IF AUDITIONING FOR SHOWS INCLUDING THE MUSICALPlease prepare 1 or 2 monologues and up to 32 bars of a song, together totaling no more than three (3) minutes. Accompanist provided on WEDNESDAY, 2p-6p only. Please bring sheet music in your key.
- Please plan on arriving at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
- Please bring 2 current headshots and resumés.
- PLEASE contact us if you are not going to be able to make your audition. There is always a waiting list, so please be considerate to other actors and let us know if you can’t make it. Email email@example.com, even if it’s the last minute.
Callbacks for specific Nashville Repertory Theatre productions will be scheduled for a later time. You will be notified by email or phone if you are needed at a callback.
It is anticipated that casting will be complete by the end of June 2016.
Roles available for Nashville Repertory Theatre 2016-17 Season
All performances in the Johnson Theatre, Tennessee Performing Arts Center. For roles indicated as “CAST”, actors will be considered as possible replacements, should any become necessary.
THE LAST FIVE YEARS
by Jason Robert Brown
Director: Jason Tucker
Rehearsals: Aug. 24—Sept. 7, 2016
Previews Previews Sept. 8 & 9 Runs: Sept. 10—24, 2016
Seeking 2 actors: 1 female, 1 male. Anticipating 2 AEA contracts
- Catherine, female, 20’s-early 30’s
- Jamie, male, 20’s-early 30’s
by Michael Frayn
Director: René Copeland.
Rehearsals: Sept. 24—Oct. 12, 2016
Previews Oct. 13 & 14 | Runs: Oct. 15 — Nov. 5, 2016
Seeking 9 actors, 5 male, 4 female. Anticipating 5-6 AEA contracts.
- Dotty Otley – CAST
- Lloyd Dallas, male, 40’s
- Garry Lejeune, male, 30’s
- Brooke Ashton, female, 20’s
- Poppy Norton-Taylor, female 20’s-30’s
- Frederick Fellowes, male, 40’s
- Belinda Blair, female, 30’s
- Tim Allgood, male, 20’s-30’s
- Selsdon Mowbray, male, 70’s
A CHRISTMAS STORY
adapted by Phillip Grecian
Director: René Copeland
Rehearsals: Nov. 13 — 23, 2016
Preview Nov 25 | Runs: Nov. 26 — Dec. 21, 2016
Seeking 7 actors, 6 male, 1 female. Anticipating 5-6 AEA contracts.
- Ralph/Ralphie - CAST
- The Old Man/ Ensemble
- Mom/ Ensemble - CAST
- Randy/ Ensemble - CAST
- Flick/ Ensemble - CAST
- Schwartz/ Ensemble
- Scut Farkas/ Ensemble - CAST
by Doug Wright
Director: René Copeland
Rehearsals: Jan. 21 — Feb. 8, 2017
Previews Feb. 9 & 10 | Runs: Feb. 11—25, 2017
Seeking 5 actors: 4 male, 1 female. Anticipating 5 AEA contracts.
- Henrik Ibsen – CAST
- Gustav Vigeland – CAST
- Greta Bergstom - CAST
- Anfinn Beck, male, 20’s, an apprentice to Gustav, with charm, virility, and a winning grin
- Sophus Larpent, male, 50’s, a patron of the arts, good natured but high-strung
A RAISIN IN THE SUN
by Lorraine Hansberry
Director: René Copeland | Assistant Director: TBA
Rehearsals: Feb. 4—March 22, 2017
Previews March 23 & 24 | Runs: March 25 — April 22, 2017
Seeking 7 actors: 4 male, 3 female. Anticipating 5-6 AEA contracts.
- Lena Younger, female, 60’s
- Ruth Younger, female, 30’s
- Beneatha Younger, female, 20’s
- Walter Lee Younger, male, mid-30’s
- Joseph Asagai, male, 20’s
- George Murchison, male, 20’s
- Karl Lindner, male, middle-aged, white
- Intern roles not being cast at open call: Travis, Bobo, 1-2 moving men
*Student Acting Internship
Student Acting Internship roles will be available for 2016-17 Season
- A Raisin in the Sun will have 3-4 internship roles available (Travis, Bobo, 1-2 Moving Men).
Please stay tuned to our website and our Facebook page for further details on upcoming internship auditions.
Full and fair casting consideration will be given to ethnic minorities, women, seniors, and actors with disabilities. Performers of all races and ethnicities are encouraged to audition.