AUDITIONS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
1 PM – 9 PM
Break from 5PM – 6PM
Accompanist provided this day only.
Wednesday, May 20, 2015
1:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Break from 5PM – 6PM.
Auditions are held in Studio A, Nashville Rep’s rehearsal hall at Nashville Public Television, 161 Rains Ave., 37203, one block from the Tennessee State Fairgrounds.
To Make an Appointment
Fill out an audition request form below or call (615) 349-3217.
Be sure to fill out the form COMPLETELY.
If leaving a voicemail message be sure to mention any times you would be unavailable during the posted audition hours, as well as any preference you have (subject to availability).
Online requests, voice messages, and phone calls will all be responded to equally, with appointment slots being filled in the order the requests were received. To assure this, be sure to provide complete information on online form or in voicemail.
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE REQUESTING AN APPOINTMENT
- This audition is for adult, professional actors, Equity or non-Equity.
- You must be available to rehearse during daytime hours to be considered for a role.
- You must be available for all performance dates to be considered for a role.
- You must be available during the rehearsal and performance time-frame listed.
Equity Actors: Nashville Rep operates on an SPT7 contract with AEA.
Nashville Rep is seeking local performers, as no housing is available.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR AUDITION
- IF AUDITIONING ONLY FOR NON-MUSICAL SHOWS, please prepare 2 contrasting monologues together totaling no more than 3 minutes. You will be cut off at three minutes, so please time your audition carefully. Your time begins with the first word of the first monologue.
- IF AUDITIONING FOR SHOWS INCLUDING THE MUSICAL, please prepare 1 or 2 monologues and 32 bars of a song together totaling no more than 3 minutes. You will be cut off at three minutes, so please time your audition carefully. Your time begins with the first word of your audition (whether spoken or sung). An accompanist will be provided but you must attend the audition on TUESDAY—please bring sheet music in your key and be sure to indicate at the time you request your appointment that you will be using the accompanist. A capella singing will not be acceptable.
- Please plan on arriving at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
- Please bring 2 current headshots and resumés.
- PLEASE contact us if you are not going to be able to make your audition. There is always a waiting list, so please be considerate to other actors and let us know if you can’t make it. Email email@example.com, even if it’s the last minute.
Callbacks for specific Nashville Repertory Theatre productions will be scheduled for a later time. You will be notified by email or phone if you are needed at a callback.
It is anticipated that casting will be complete by the end of June 2015.
Roles available for Nashville Repertory Theatre 2015-16 Season
All performances in the Johnson Theatre, Tennessee Performing Arts Center. For roles indicated as “CAST”, actors will be considered as possible replacements, should any become necessary.
RAPTURE, BLISTER, BURN
by Gina Gionfriddo.
Director: Lauren Shouse.
Rehearsals: Aug. 15—Sept. 2, 2015.
Previews Sept. 3 & 4. Runs: Sept. 5—19, 2015.
Seeking 5 actors: 4 female, 1 male. Anticipating 5 AEA contracts.
- Catherine Croll, female, early 40’s
- Alice Croll, 70’s, female, Catherine’s mother
- Avery Willard, 21, female, a student
- Gwen Harper, early 40’s, female, Catherine’s friend
- Don Harper, early 40’s, male, Gwen’s husband
ROSENCRANTZ AND GUILDENSTERN ARE DEAD
by Tom Stoppard.
Director: René Copeland.
Rehearsals: Sept. 19—Oct. 7, 2015.
Previews Oct. 8 & 9. Runs: Oct. 10—31, 2015.
Seeking 10 actors, 9 male, 1 female. Anticipating 6 AEA contracts.
- The Player
- 2 Tragedians
- (plus 3 internship roles—SEE *NOTE BELOW)
A CHRISTMAS STORY
adapted by Phillip Grecian.
Director: René Copeland.
Rehearsals: Nov. 8—25, 2015.
Runs: Nov. 27—Dec. 20, 2015. (possible extension to Dec. 21)
Seeking 7 actors, 6 male, 1 female. Anticipating 5-6 AEA contracts.
- The Old Man/ Ensemble
- Mom/ Ensemble
- Randy/ Ensemble
- Flick/ Ensemble
- Schwartz/ Ensemble
- Scut Farkas/ Ensemble
by Nate Eppler.
Director: René Copeland.
Rehearsals: Jan. 23—Feb. 10, 2016.
Previews Feb. 11 & 12. Runs: Feb. 13—27, 2016.
Seeking 6 actors: 3 male, 3 female. Anticipating 6 AEA contracts.
- Frank – a police officer, mid/late 30’s - CAST
- Dumptruck – his partner, mid/late 30’s
- Darlene – his wife, 30’s
- Zero – the ghost of a dead girl, 16-18. Seeking actress of Middle Eastern descent.
- Josie – a lawyer, 30’s/40’s - CAST
- Zell – the dead girl’s father, 40’s/50’s—doubles with Big Frank, Frank’s father, 60’s
book by Fred Ebb and Bob Fosse, music by John Kander, lyrics by Fred Ebb.
Director: René Copeland. Music Director: Jason Tucker. Choreographer: Pam Atha.
Rehearsals: Feb. 21—March 16, 2016.
Previews March 17 & 18. Runs: March 19—April 16, 2016.
Seeking 11 actors: 5 male, 6 female. Anticipating 6 AEA contracts.
- Roxie Hart - CAST
- Velma Kelly
- Billy Flynn
- Mary Sunshine
- All other roles cast out of company of 5 (plus 4 internship roles—SEE *NOTE BELOW): Fred Casely, Sergeant Fogarty, Liz, Annie, June, Hunyak, Mona, Martin Harrison, Go-to-Hell Kitty, Aaron, The Judge, Court Clerk.
*Student Acting Internship
Student Acting Internship roles will be available for 2015-16 Season
- Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead will have 3 internship roles available (Ophelia and 2 Tragedians).
- Chicago will have 4 internship roles available (2 male, 2 female chorus).
Please stay tuned to our website and our Facebook page for further details on upcoming internship auditions.
Full and fair casting consideration will be given to ethnic minorities, women, seniors, and actors with disabilities. Performers of all races and ethnicities are encouraged to audition.